Home selling tips;
Everyone can use a few tips when you are looking to sell your home, after all it’s not something many people do frequently and is a very important time in many people’s lives. Selling a home can be very stressful. Keeping the house clean and making sure it is available everyday of the week for others to see takes its toll on sellers. This is why it is important to make a very good first impression and make sure the home is priced right from the start.Home Selling Tips;
- The number one most important tip is to find the right agent who will make sure the price of the home is right. Remember this may not necessarily be the price you want but rather the price the home needs to compete and sell in the current market.
- Be sure to make a good impression from the moment a buyer pulls up for their showing. Keep the outside tidy and clean. Keep your grass cut and plants healthy looking. Seal your driveway and put some fresh paint on the exterior if needed.
- Leave the home for showings. Let the buyers feel like they can talk and enjoy the showing of your home without feeling like they are intruding in your space.
- Keep the inside clean. Vacuum and mop floors, clean windows and dust.
- Make the house smell good. This is important but make sure to not overdue smells like candles or air sprays. Just a light fresh scent will do (or even fresh-baked cookies!)
- Turn on all the lights before you leave is the showing is taking place at night.
- Remove clutter in the home. Anything you don’t need on a daily basis should be put into storage at least until the home has a solid offer in place.
- Remove personal effects. When you have others looking at your home I always recommend sellers remove personal things such as family pictures from walls and shelves as well as papers from desks. Try to make the buyers feel like this could be their home and not just someone elses.
- Turn on some soft music. Take advantage of your home theater and leave some soft music playing in the background. Just make sure it’s soft and not heavy metal! Relaxing music and a good smelling home got hand in hand.
- Be flexible for showings. I can’t tell you how important this is. Buyers and their agents are on a schedule and don’t think that if you deny a showing that a buyer will come back at a later time. You typically have one shot to make the first impression.
- Have a professional stager come in.
- Stay calm and follow the advice of your agent, selling a home takes time and patience.
Nate Berg is the broker/owner of National Realty Guild in the NW metro. To schedule a free no hassle consultation to discuss how he can help you sell your home in MN be sure to contact him below.
[idx-listings city=”Hugo” statuses=”1″ propertytypes=”773″ orderby=”DateAdded” orderdir=”DESC” count=”2″]